The PDP-8 Software Archives
This webpage contains links to all of the software and programming notes that I have for the
PDP-8 series of machines:
Cross Development Software
The following software has been developed and tested on FreeBSD:
- d8tape.tar.gz (28k) -- a disassembler and converter
for BIN/RIM-formatted paper tapes.
- autodetects input format (RIM vs BIN)
- produces RIM or BIN output
- powerful disassembler:
- detects subroutines
- detects code vs data
- analyzes data for variables and constants
- IOT-aware for various devices (under construction)
- marks auto-index registers
- PALBART compatible output
- generates cross reference for subroutine calls, simplifying prioritization of reverse engineering effort
To compile, untar in a directory and type make. Install via make install.
- palbart.c.gz (28k) -- an assembler for PAL.
- This is from Gary A. Messenbrink
- Modified for a few bug fixes and additions:
- flexible tabstops (via -t, e.g., -t 4 for 4-character tabstops)
- increased symbol table size
- fixed buffer overflow bug in readLine that would cause strange files to be generated (which would include linefeeds in the filename)
- added TA8/E opcodes into the IOT table
To compile, gunzip and then compile with your favourite C compiler.
- palbart-2.11.c.gz (33k) -- an updated version of the above assembler for PAL.